Monday, July 4, 2011

Starbucks Cheese Danish


As I have said previously, I'm much of a moist baked good love than a flaky one, so it was kind of a spontaneous thing getting this Danish. At the moment, it looked really good.

I've thought and Danish was from Denmark. And I was right in the fact that Danish people do come from Denmark. I was wrong when it comes to the pastry though. Although it's like the donut of Denmark today, danishes originated in Austria. Specifically, in Vienna, Austria.

Interesting fact no?

So my Starbucks nock off of a cheese danish is described by Starbucks as 'A flaky pastry folded around a generous serving of cream cheese filling.' Was it as rich and flaky as Starbucks claimed?

I guess, I mean the outer part tasted like a croissant, which is what it essentially is. The croissant was fresh and the real, natural cream cheese in the center was very thick. To tell you the truth I was a bit disappointed in the fact that I wanted something sweeter. I think I was craving something sweet at the moment though.

The thing finished way to fast for me. But it was delicious. I didn't get a coffee with it because I brought some iced tea along with me already. It went okay with it buy I think it would have tasted better with hot coffee for breakfast.

Mine didn't look like the Starbucks picture either. The middle with cream cheese was completely exposed for the world to see; it didn't have that extra croissant covering like in the image. I wish it did. It seems like it would have made my experience with it better. It may have reduced the contrast of nice flaky outside to the densely cream cheesed inside.

In the end I will save my money and invest it in a bag of croissants and a container of cream cheese to enjoy the experience I had with this danish.

But like all baked goods at Starbucks, it had a pretty great taste. It's just not how I roll when it comes to pastries.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Had my first (and last) Starbucks cheese Danish. I have had better in boxed sweets at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete