Friday, July 1, 2011

Stride 2.0 Spearmint

Gum is a must have in my life. It is truly one of the miracles of the world. You can stick it in your mouth and chew chew chew. It will get rid of your hunger, bad breath, and sugar cravings. Many gums can also clean your teeth. Most gums are sugar free and less than 5 calories per stick. What's not to love?

Stride has always been one of my favorite brands of gum. The gums is, as they say, long lasting. I like both fruity flavors and minty ones. I have no preference for either, it just depends on my mood at the moment.



So I needed to pick up some gum and I got the new Stride 2.0 Spearmint flavor. If I choose mint gum I usually get the spearmint kind because it is truly the best. Before that day I had no idea that Stride even upgraded. Apparently they were reading our feedback and they upgraded their products so we can enjoy their gum more.

Part of the upgrade included the packaging. They claim it's "cooler" without the excess "mumbo jumbo". I really didn't really care for the package upgrade, but I did like the gum wrapper upgrade idea. They switched to foil wrapping instead of paper so that our gum won't sweat or moisten in humid conditions. This is a definite plus.

They also changed the flavoring a little. It's a subtle change, but a change nonetheless. The taste of the gum is the same as the original for the Spearmint kind. It starts off with a good strong, but not too strong that it burns, spearmint taste that quickly dies down to a sweet and delicious minty-ness. But unlike the original, the flavor wanes a bit after a half an hour and the flavor seems to begin to disappear and change at the same time. The delicious sweetness is going away and leaving it to taste like plain mint. I remember the original kind not doing that.

In addition, the original kind used to pop the best bubbles in the whole wide world. This one pops okay, but I miss the old one.

Overall, the flavor at first is still the same, and it does last long in the fact that it doesn't deteriorate in your mouth. The only improvement that I liked was the gum wrapper. I say keep the gum wrapper, and bring back the original gum.

I give it a 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment