Friday, July 8, 2011

Tuttimelon Frozen Yogurt

There used to be a frozen yogurt place near my house called Tutti Frutti. It closed down a couple months ago, most probably because it ran out of business. I heard of it from a friend who took me there. At first I thought it was the coolest place ever because you could pour yourself your own yogurt from the machines on the wall and pay for it by the ounce.

It looked cheap too, only 39 cents an ounce, but who knew how fast those ounces add up to make each trip cost nearly $5. In the end I do prefer regular ice cream to frozen yogurt, but I like to mix it up once in a while. I walked back there twice before they closed it down.

It was sort of disappointing. Fortunately, I noticed a new place called Tuttimelon at my local mall that was almost like a replica of Tutti Frutti with an addition of gelato on the menu.

They do not offer as many flavors of frozen yogurt as Tutti Frutti, but they have some of the primary stuff. I poured myself a small serving of chocolate topped with coconut and brownie chunks.



It was quite delicious. It tasted exactly like Tutti Frutti and I enjoyed it. The yogurt itself tasted like a nice cold hot chocolate in a creamy form. But the toppings easily over powered it. The brownie pieces were a bit stale for me, but the coconut flakes added a nice touch. For future reference I won't add those again.

My mom also came along on this trip and she poured herself strawberry yogurt and topped it with some coconut. Her yogurt was a little too tart for me. I remember Tutti Frutti's being a bit better. But the coconut added a nice touch to her yogurt as well.

If you haven't noticed, loving coconut runs in my family.

Like I said, it's a bit pricey for me considering I'm not in love with frozen yogurt. I would prefer a trip to Baskin Robbins for the same price cause I like the thicker ice cream stuff. I would actually prefer a Starbucks Frappuccino to this. But for frozen yogurt lovers out there, have a go at it.

I will go back for the gelato though. It sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment