Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back to Nature Honey Nut Granola

On my trip to a local health store I found these cookies by Back to Nature in the clearance isle. They were there because their expiration date was coming in two days. I got a $4.79 cookies for 99 cents. I took advantage of my deal and bought them.

I heard of Back to Nature, but I have never actually tried their products. Their business started in 1960 from Pasadena, California. They offer cereals, crackers, nuts, and cookies. They got popular for making delicious snacks with simple ingredients that don't contain any preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, or hydrogenated oils. 100% natural with wholesome goodness, what's not to love?


So what I purchased was the Honey Nut Granola cookies. I honestly expected them to be crunch due to the granola part of the description. I didn't read the back though where it says:
" Chewy granola cookies with the delicious crunch of peanuts and a touch of honey. Sweetened with cane juice and fruit juice and baked with 100% whole grain, these cookies make a great snack!"
That gives away the chewy part doesn't it?

They have 12 grams of whole grain per serving. A serving is 1 cookie, so as you can imagine, these cookies are relatively big compared to Oreos. Each cookie contains 140 calories, 7 grams of fat, 18 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of protein. All the ingredients are all natural.

So I opened the cookies and they smelled wonderful, exactly like a peanut butter and honey sandwich. There were 8 of them in there and I already didn't feel like sharing. I took my first bite and fell in love. Screw Pepperidge Farm, these cookies are da bomb!

They were so moist and chewy. You can chewy on some of the grains on occasion. There was a heavy nut flavor which I love and you can easily savor the sweetness of the honey.

I'm drooling all over my keyboard right now. I must have some more!
They have tons of other varieties of cookies. I'm dying to try them all!
You have to buy these. They are mouth watering.
They bring warmth to your insides.
I can't stop raving about them
Go get 'em!

10/10 for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment