Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fresh&Easy Egg Nog

The first time I heard of egg nog was from the movie Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. The first time I tried egg nog was in 8th grade when my teacher brought us some as a treat the last day before winter break. It turned out that I didn't like the stuff much at all. It had a taste to it that I just didn't attract my taste buds much. It wasn't vomit disgusting, but it wasn't great at all. It's been years since then, and I have never had a mug of egg nog since.



But during the holidays I took a trip to Fresh and Easy and they had egg nog for sample. I took one, thinking maybe I was wrong about egg nog all along and that it wouldn't hurt to try it again. I didn't expect to like it much, and for the first sip I didn't so much. But on the second and third sip it quickly grew on me. It was like an instant change of mind for me. I watched my life flash from anti-egg nog to pro-egg nog. I don't know about the special formula of egg nog that Fresh and Easy brewed up, but it converted me.

The egg nog was so thick and creamy; I almost wanted to eat it with a spoon. The flavor was amazing and strong, which was the best part of it. I love flavorful food. It was very sweet as well. I found that I wouldn't want to drink too much of it all at once, which is a great thing cause egg nog is high in calories. It's like chocolate cake, you love it at first, but after a few slices you get sick of it cause of all the sugar.

Another wonderful thing about this product is that it has not artificial flavoring, colors, or preservatives. It's just pure pasteurized egg nog.

I bought one container of it and enjoyed it very much. I filled it into a nice glass and sipped on it slowly while it was nice and ice cold. It was fantastic! I can't wait till they bring it back for the holiday season. If you can get your hands on some, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment