Saturday, July 9, 2011

Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Strawberry Cereal Bar


One of the first cereal bars that I tried in my entire life was Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Cereal bars. They used to be so popular that everybody was eating them. They had a phase, like the Pop tarts had a phase, and cupcakes had a phase.

But now they are sadly sitting on the shelves eagerly waiting for that one in a million customer to pick one of them up. I was one of those one in a million the other day. I decided to pick up the classic strawberry flavor.

I don't know why people still don't love these. They remind me of Fig Newtons, which are a love of my life. They are simple whole grain bars covering a sugar filled fruit center.

The strawberry one was lovely, and very sweet with a slight tart flavor to it. The filling didn't even taste that artificial.

Each bar has only 120 calories, 3 grams of fat, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of protein.

For craving a sweet snack, these are a great choice. You can get a nice box of these for less than $2 at your local supermarket.

I say go pick them up. Reminisce on some memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment