Friday, September 20, 2013

Extra Dessert Delights Apple Pie


Extra! The first sugar-free gum offered in the US. Who knew right? I just found that out.

Well, we're all familiar with Wrigley's gums, especially those of us who are old enough to know that these were practically the only gums we ever chewed until Trident, Orbit, and 5 Gum took over the shelves.

Well Extra Dessert Delights are something new (well, created in 2010) that Wrigley's created to satisfy those dessert cravings that many of us have. This product is obviously targeted to women who feel fat.

Their flavors come in:
  1. Orange Creme Pop
  2. Strawberry Shortcake
  3. Key Lime Pie
  4. Mint Chocolate Chip
  5. Apple Pie
I've tried the Strawberry Shortcake and Mint Chocolate Chip and have to say that they are okay. I wasn't that stunned and didn't buy them again.

But then I saw the Apple Pie flavor, and after hearing so many good things about it from Hungry Girl, I had to try it.


It comes in a pretty cool looking pack (even cooler than the other flavors by Dessert Delights, though not as cool looking as 5-Gum). There are 15 sticks inside, all covered in the standard Wrigley's foil wrap, which is good if you live in a high humidity area - which I don't, but good anyways.


The sticks inside are green. Light green.

I must say I was impressed. Once I put the piece in my mouth it tasted quite delicious. I've never been a pie fan, so I don't know that exact taste of apple pie, but I have made plenty of apple sauce/jam/butter/cake to know that this stuff tastes pretty damn similar.

The flavor is sweet and strong and first but runs out way too quickly. The texture gets hard and the bubbles don't pop well after 20 minutes. I can only chew this gum for an average of 30 minutes, which is a drastically short time for me because I have been known to stretch out the flavor of a single piece of gum for hours. This Extra Apple Pie gum is cheaper than those other gums but, in the end it is more expensive because I have to chew 5 sticks in one sitting.

But the flavor is so delicious so it's worth it. It does not feel like gum though. It feels like I am actually chewing it to satisfy my sweet tooth. The other Dessert Delights don't make me feel that way.

Therefore I feel that this gum is a success. Good job Wrigley's.

No comments:

Post a Comment