Friday, September 20, 2013

Slimfast Chewy Chocolate Crisp


SlimFast is never a diet plan that I ever imagined to go on mostly because their products are so expensive. Not to mention that they are all processed. But, as with South Beach, Weight Watchers, and NutriSystem products; I occasionally find them on sale and buy them to try them.

I thought bought a pack of these Slimfast thinking that they would be great as an on the go meal. They are only 200 calories but have 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber to keep you full. Now that's some good nutrition from a processed bar for only 200 calories.



The bar itself is a pretty good size and has a nice chocolate swirls on top with some raw oatmeal sprinkled on top. It looks like a chocolaty Rice Krispie.

But they taste nothing like Rice Krispies. They have a much tougher, chewier texture. The chocolate flavor is nice and strong. There is that familiar whey sweetness in the background of the bar. A large part of the sweetness of this bar comes from that. I don't know if there is any artificial sweetener in this but the bar itself is quite sweet.

The chocolate flavor is deep, but not exactly chocolaty. It's just sweet. I wouldn't say it has much of a real flavor of anything. Just that protein powder like flavor. But it's good.

I was amazed by the taste at first. But after eating a couple more this bar got pretty predictable. Though I still enjoyed it every time I ate it.

But I would only buy it again if it is on sale. The box is $5 at Walmart with only 5 bars in it. That's means each bar is a dollar a piece, and that is pretty expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment