Saturday, July 2, 2011

Better n' Peanut Butter


Love peanut butter, but it's sabotaging your diet? Well Better n' Peanut Butter offers the best option for your problems. It provides peanut butter for half the calories. It's an all natural product by the Wonder Naturals Food Corp., and it is considered an official low fat food with only 3 grams of fat for a two tablespoon serving.

I first heard about this product from my old friend Hungry Girl. I honestly thought it was a miracle to find a replacement for peanut butter because at that time I was on my own diet to lose weight. I had to get my hands on this product, and the only place they sold it in my city was Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market. So I headed over there when I had the opportunity and bought myself a jar.

It claimed to have the taste of regular peanut butter so I was excited, although I did expect a different taste. So I ran home and opened the jar to spread some on pita bread. The color was a little bit darker than regular peanut butter as well as much thicker and pastier. It's also shinier.

It did not taste like peanut butter to me at all. It had a whole different taste on its own. It had some nutty-ness to it but nothing like peanut butter. It was sweet and it didn't pair with jelly or jam too well. I ate it with honey and bananas instead.

Don't get me wrong, it was delicious in its own way and I would buy it as a good spread. I loved it! But if you are looking for a direct peanut butter swap with this product, you're not going to get it.

But you can use it anywhere that you usually use peanut butter.

I give it a 8/10. It's a great product

It also comes in a Low Sodium and Chocolate flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment