Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chex Mix Turtle


One thing that I really dislike about Betty Crocker is her Chex Party Mix recipes. Every single one I try comes out soggier than the next. I look back countless times to make sure I got the recipe and timing correct, and I did! Not working for me. I just gave up on those because I realized it was cheaper, more efficient, and tastier to just buy the pre-made packs of General Mill's Chex Snack Mixes.

This time I chose the turtle variety. In this mix you can find pretzels, chocolate chex mix pieces, caramel popcorn, honey roasted peanuts, and little chocolate M&M like candies. It's a nice combination of sweet and salty.

When I first opened it I had no idea that there were even peanut and chocolate pieces in it because they were all stuck at the bottom. Well this stuff smelled great and tasted wonderful. They sort of had the affect that peanut butter filled pretzels have: once you start you cannot stop. Once you open the bag, before you know it you have finished it. Don't be fooled by the "50% less fat that regular potato chips" on the package. These chex mixes generally have a small serving size so if you are on a diet, stay clear from these.

But honestly, although the serving size is small, they last pretty long because they are so crunchy and take a long time to chew. I would recommend not eating them in a quiet place though. They get pretty noisy.

Everything inside the mix tasted pretty good. The best things were the caramel popcorn and the honey roasted peanuts. The chocolate cereal had an artificial taste to it and the mini chocolate candies sort of just tasted like pure sugar. The pretzels could have used a little more salt too.

Another positive thing about this product is that it is made in the USA.

I rate this a 8/10.
It has room for improvement but it is definitely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment