Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chex Mix Caramel Crunch



I think I was genetically predisposed to like cereal and anything to do with it. Chex Mixes go along those lines. The Caramel Crunch version is the one I wanted to try this time around. It has wheat chex, corn chex, pretzels, and little swirl cookies all covered in a light invisible coating of caramel.

I decided to eat it for breakfast. The instant I open the bag I fell in love. The smell was amazing. I couldn't resist but try the little swirld first. They looked the most interesting to me. They sort of had a shortbread taste, heavy in vanilla with a light caramel twist.

All the other pieces tasted wonderful too. This was considered a "sweet and salty" snack, although I didn't feel the "salty" part. I figure that was supposed to come from the pretzels, but the pretzels had no salt on them. They were just crunchy bread, which was tasty nevertheless.



This is the best Chex Mix flavor I have ever tasted. Up till now I've thought the Honey flavored was the best, but boy was I wrong. Even though I've only tried maybe about half of their varieties, I'm pretty sure this will be my favorite all the way through.

Once you start the bag you cannot finish. That's the bad thing about these. They pack on a lot of calories and are pretty much "junk food" all the way through. Ignore the 65% less fat than potato chips sign on the front. Fat has nothing to do with calories. There are plenty of carbohydrates in the bag to add calories. It's not exactly filling either.

But it's delicious so what the hell.
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment