Monday, July 11, 2011

Trident Vitality Vigorate



On a trip to get my next gum fix I choose Trident Vitality this time. Hearing all about it I decided to give it a taste. I expected it to be great because my favorite gum is made by Trident.

I should start off by saying the package is the coolest thing ever. It has a cool flap thing that you can slip the gum package from.

The new thing about this gum is that it is fortified with vitamin C. It offers a nice 10% of your daily value. That's NOTHING. You can get much vitamin C off of half a leaf of lettuce. Eat a nice orange and get over 100% easily. But I guess it offers more than other gums. Chew the whole pack in a day and you get 90% of your daily value.

This stuff is said to be "a burst of citrus and strawberry with vitamin C", as you can read on the package.

I popped a first piece in my mouth and was amazed at the second bit. The first chew wasn't so great cause of that sugar-like coating that you find on M&M's and Skittles, but you did get an amazing burst of flavor from the second bite. It tasted heavy on the citrus and light on the strawberry. These flavors are a mixture of nature and artificial (I wonder how that works out?).

There is a refreshingly cool feeling to the gum at first but that eventually dies out off course. None of the Trident flavors seem to last as long as the Tropical Trident sticks.

Overall it is a good product, but it is over priced compared to other gums. But I might get them again for a change of scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment